Effective date: January 1, 2020
This document outlines the hardware warranty for your Cirrus display. If you have support-related questions please contact our support team by phone at (877) 636-2331 ex2, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, they can help diagnose problems and may be able to help solve issues remotely.
If you purchased Cirrus Complete or a Cirrus Screen Subscription, you have access to our labor warranty, outside our standard hardware warranty, and information about that service is not provided in this document.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
Changes or modifications to this device that are not expressly approved by Cirrus Systems, Inc. could void user’s authority to operate this device.
Warranty Terms for All Displays
What this warranty covers
This warranty covers any defects, failures, or malfunctions of any Cirrus LED display system hardware.
All inspections of warrantied components will be conducted within 72 hours and results will be presented immediately thereafter and applicable charges will be sustained or reimbursed at that time.
12mm pixel warranty (per panel) - 1st year, 100% pixel guarantee, 2 pixels for years 2-3 and then 3 pixels for years 4-5
9mm pixel warranty (per panel) - 1st year, 100% pixel guarantee, 2 pixels for years 2-3 and then 3 pixels for years 4-5
6mm pixel warranty (per panel) - 1st year, 100% pixel guarantee, 4 pixels for years 2-3 and then 6 pixels for years 4-5
4mm pixel warranty (per panel) - 1st year, 100% pixel guarantee, 8 pixels for years 2-3 and then 12 pixels for years 4-5
This warranty lasts for five calendar years following the purchase of any Cirrus LED display system. Warranty may not be exercised until the display has been installed, powered, connected to the Internet and Cirrus has verified adequate setup. Displays that are stored for extended periods of time and not installed within 90 days of shipment may not qualify for warranty coverage at the discretion of Cirrus Systems, Inc. Coverage terminates if an end user sells, transfers, opens or tampers with any display system or its internal components.
Cirrus will replace any defective or malfunctioning part at no charge and pay for shipping. All defective parts must be returned to Cirrus Systems for servicing upon failure. Replacement components will be dispatched once a credit card has been secured to guarantee the return of the defective part. Replaced parts are required to be returned within 21 days of shipment or a charge for the cost of the replacement part will be applied to the held credit card.
What's not covered
This warranty does not cover labor costs or any problem that is caused by abuse, misuse, improper installation, or an act of God. Also, consequential and incidental damages are not recoverable under this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Cirrus will not be responsible for any labor charges incurred during assembly, disassembly, or any other services related to the part replacement.
Any company or individual that purchases a display from Cirrus Systems or from an authorized Cirrus distributor is eligible for this warranty and service. If issues are experienced with any display system, contact Cirrus at (877) 636-2331 and follow the prompts for technical support.
The following issues are not covered under the limited warranties set forth above. For these issues, Cirrus shall not be obligated to furnish warranty support or maintenance services, nor shall Cirrus be liable hereunder for repairs, replacement or additions:
- Damage or problems caused during transportation by Customer;
- Defects or damage that result from use of the Products or Software in other than their normal and customary manner;
- Damage or problems caused by repairs, changes, modifications, maintenance, relocation or reinstallation by other than Cirrus designated technicians, or without Cirrus’s written permission;
- Products and Software subject to unauthorized modification, disassembly or repair (including the addition to the Product of non-Cirrus authorized and supplied equipment) which adversely effect Product or Software performance or interfere with Cirrus’s normal warranty inspection and Product or Software testing for warranty verification;
- Products which, due to illegal or unauthorized alteration of Product software or firmware, do not function in accordance with Cirrus’s published specifications;
- Damage or problems caused by not following Electro-Static Discharge (“ESD”) precautions when handling Covered Products;
- Damage or problems caused by improper electrical grounding;
- Damage or problems caused by improper utility service;
- Damage or problems caused by use of non-Cirrus supplied equipment or parts;
- Damage or problems caused by misuse, abuse, neglect or accident;
- Damage or problems caused by an external electrical fault or any unusual shock;
- Damage or problems caused by an accident, fire or water;
- Damage or problems caused by natural disasters such as flood, fire, lightning, earthquake or tornado.
- Damage or problems caused by failure to maintain the proper operating or storage environment for the Covered Products to include but not limited to air conditioning, humidity control, or corrosive atmosphere harmful to electronic equipment as provided in the Cirrus Installation Manual;
- Damage or problems caused by strikes, riots, sabotage, or acts of war;
- Routine cleaning, or normal and customary wear and tear;
- Scratches or other cosmetic damage to Product surfaces that do not affect the operation of the Product;
- Technical support or maintenance of any kind for third-party application or custom software not defined under Covered Products;
- Technical support associated with programming of Application Program Interfaces (API) of Covered Products except for support on the capabilities of the programming interface;
- Consumables and supplies (i.e., expendable batteries, recording media, tapes, disks or other consumables);
- Freight costs to the repair depot;
- Non-Cirrus manufactured equipment, which carries its original manufacturer’s warranty and which will be provided to Customer upon request.
- Components damaged due to arcing or connecting/disconnecting while powered on.
- Components damaged due to excessive heat buildup (in the case of improperly vented displays).
The 5 year product warranty will go into effect upon the date of shipment and transfer of title. Warranty may not be exercised until the display has been installed, powered, connected to the Internet and Cirrus has been called to verify the installation. Displays which are stored for extended periods of time and not installed within 90 days of shipment may not qualify for warranty coverage at the discretion of Cirrus Systems Inc.
TP-Link Wifi Kit Warranty
Cirrus will cover the first year of warranty of the TP-Link WiFi kit and its power supply. After the first year of use, client must work through the warranty with TP-Link directly.
Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, the Products and Software, including the Hardware, and all related Services shall be provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, and Cirrus hereby disclaims, and Customer hereby waives, any and all warranties whether express, implied or statutory, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Further, Cirrus does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations that any Software provided will be free from all bugs or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. Customer understands and agrees that Cirrus is not responsible for and will have no liability for equipment hardware, software, or other items or any services provided by or manufactured by any persons other than Cirrus or its authorized agents. The foregoing constitutes Customer’s sole rights and remedies under this agreement with respect to defects in the products, software or services.
Limitation on Liability
Buyer understands and agrees that except for instances involving Cirrus’s indemnification obligations set forth in the governing Sales Agreement, Cirrus’s aggregate liability for any damages suffered by Buyer or any other party, whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty theory, or otherwise, shall be limited to the amount paid to Cirrus by Buyer under this Contract for the defective System component(s) giving rise to the indemnified losses or damages covered by this Agreement.
Contact with high voltage from AC mains may cause death or serious injury. Always disconnect AC power to unit prior to servicing.
It is essential to earth-ground the sign before connecting controller. Connecting signs that are not earth grounded may cause damage to the LED Display System and in severe cases cause death or injury.
Other safety messages appear throughout this manual where appropriate. Cirrus LED components are UL Listed. File #E352796 and FCC Certified.
The Cirrus Outdoor LED panels are fully encapsulated and water-proof. The Controller is housed in a water-proofed aluminum enclosure.
The Cirrus Outdoor LED panels are rated for an ambient operating temperature range of -40~+70° Celsius (-40 ~ +158° Fahrenheit) and are designed to withstand continuous direct sunlight. If the panels experience an over-temperature condition, a signal will be sent to the controller to shut down the sign. Once the sign has cooled, it will automatically restart.
The Controller is rated for an ambient operating temperature range of -10~+60°C (14~ +140°F) and should be protected from direct sunlight. Operation at colder temperatures is routinely and regularly accomplished, though starting the screen from a powered off state at temperatures below 14°F may not be possible. A controller which is in a powered on state produces ambient heat which can allow it to continuously run at temperatures as low as -30°F (-34°C).
All components and connections are sealed and water-tight for protection from the ingress of dust and water, though no components should be subjected to immersion in water.
Shipping & Receiving, Product Storage
All deliveries shall be FOB Cirrus Systems (Seller), Portsmouth, NH. Methods and routes of shipment, unless Seller specifies in writing otherwise, shall be accepted as chosen by Seller at Seller’s sole discretion. Purchaser shall pay all costs of shipment. Delivery to the carrier shall constitute delivery and passage of title to Purchaser, and risk of loss shall pass to Purchaser concurrently with passage of title. Seller will use reasonable diligence to meet scheduled shipment dates and times. Such dates and times are the best possible estimates, and not guarantees, of when goods will be shipped. In no event shall Seller be liable for any losses or damages of any kind due to delays in shipment, nor may Purchaser cancel its contract because of any such delay.
It is the responsibility of the Purchaser to check the Product for visible damage prior to accepting delivery from the carrier. Any damage to the Product must be noted on the delivery slip with the carrier and immediately reported to Cirrus. Photographic evidence of damages will be required. Cirrus may assist in seeking remedy with the carrier for damaged goods but does not retain title and therefore is not legally responsible for said damages.
Delivered product should be stored in a cool dry place, out of the way of foot/motorized traffic.
It is the installer’s responsibility to look over the product before installing to ensure there are no missing parts and there is no visible damage to any parts of the display. If there is any damage, Cirrus must be informed prior to install.