About the Job
The Buyer is a critical role within the Sourcing Team. The primary objective is to execute tactical purchasing tasks accurately and timely in order to support Just-In-Time Delivery of direct and indirect goods. This will help ensure that we are minimizing our inventory holding cost while preventing inventory stock outs resulting in production line downtime and ultimately a poor Customer Experience.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Align performance to assigned KPI goals individually and the Supply Chain Team
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Submit RFQ(s) to suppliers
- Converting ERP direct part purchase proposals to PO(s)
- Purchase indirect supplies and materials
- Maintain accurate Scheduled Delivery Dates within ERP
- Maintain part and supplier data within ERP system (e.g. Lead-Times, Min/Max/Multiples, HTS Codes, Payment Terms, etc)
- Track and report key functional metrics to review trends with the Supply Chain Team
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience in related field or 2+ years in manufacturing
- Experience working with suppliers and inventory at some level
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire and interest in Supply Chain Management
- Must be able to stand for the duration of shift
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 100lbs
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- Company provided Mercedes Sprint Van for traveling to customers
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.