About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated, performance-driven individual to join our expanding team as a Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for supporting the preparation and review of all accounting activities related to Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable and the administration of the company’s corporate credit cards. You will work closely with all areas of the business and have the ability to make a positive impact as we continue to grow. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Support month end close by preparing general ledger entries, maintaining records, and accruing expenses
- Prepare month end account reconciliations and clearly identify any issues and/or required adjustments to the financial statements
- Manage fixed asset ledger, including the timely reporting of assets acquired, disposed and sold
- Work closely with stakeholders and their capital projects to ensure that all expenses are captured appropriately as CIP and capitalized on a timely basis
- Process all Accounts Payable transactions and invoices, including the reconciliation of all corporate credit card accounts
- Work closely with purchasing and receiving in order to resolve vendor issues in a timely manner
- Prepare and issue weekly payment proposal
- Execute vendor maintenance and 1099 submissions
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external audit teams to ensure effective utilization of resources.
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years of accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize information, pay close attention to detail, and commit to deadlines
- Ability to adapt and multitask with ease
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of GoogleSuite and accounting software, experience with scheduling tools
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Passion for technology a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Close visual focus required
- Position requires the use of a headset, computer mouse, and keyboard
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- Salary, exempt from overtime
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.