About the Job
The SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Manufacturing Technician is responsible for operating our newly expanded automated SMT line where we produce printed circuit boards for our LED displays.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Properly setup and operate SMT equipment (screen printers, solder paste inspection machines, pick and place machines, reflow ovens and conveyor systems)
- Efficiently replenish reels of parts using automated splicing machines
- Diligently monitor machine performance, performance basic troubleshooting activities and escalate issues through chain of command
- May need to hand place electronic components on printed circuit boards with careful attention to detail
- Perform timely basic daily and weekly preventive maintenance on the machines
- Maintain a clean and organized workcell
- Follow all safety requirements and raise safety concerns to the Safety Committee when observed
- Follow written and oral instructions and provide process feedback for continuous improvement
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of SMT experience
- Flexibility to work in different manufacturing work cells as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of up to 100lbs. Be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift
- Close visual focus required
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- Hourly, non-exempt
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.