About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated, performance driven individual to join our expanding team as a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will oversee the preparation of all accounting activities and will help to identify and drive process improvement and efficiencies within the organization. You will work closely with all areas of the business and have the ability to make a positive impact as we continue to grow. This role will report directly to the Controller.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Support the month end close by preparing general ledger entries, maintaining records, and accruing expenses
- Prepare month end account reconciliations and clearly identify any issues and/or required adjustments to the financial statements
- Manage fixed assets to ensure accurate accounting of costs, depreciation and reporting
- Own all aspects of sales commissions including calculations, analysis and reporting
- Own all aspects of accounts receivable, credit and collections with a focus on automation
- Manage subscription contracts including credit-decisioning, customer invoicing, analysis, creating and maintaining KPI’s
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external teams to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Support audit requests by documenting processes, completing and submitting PBC list items and providing additional follow up when required
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Deadline oriented with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze existing financial/operational processes for suggested improvements
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience with SalesForce and/or Stripe a plus
- Passion for technology a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Close visual focus required
- Position requires the use of a headset, computer mouse, and keyboard
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/hybrid options
- Salary, exempt from overtime
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.