About the Job
The Repair Technician is responsible for receiving, testing, repairing, and dispositioning all products that are returned to Cirrus in an efficient and timely manner. They are responsible for maintaining a clean and professional workspace and an accurately inventoried and organized cache of replacement parts to service legacy and currently active product lines.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Independently prioritize activities based on legacy and current product repaired inventory, internal and external customer needs, and queue of returned product pending processing
- Perform diagnostic testing on mechanical and electronic equipment including but not limited to Modules, Controllers, Frames and auxiliary components
- Repair, Scrap or Accept As Is product after diagnostic testing and root-cause analysis
- Assist in Corrective and Preventive Actions as needed
- Ability to research and obtain necessary equipment specifications, test procedures, and diagnostic information, and any/all required documents and guides needed for processing
- Independently perform equipment hardware and software configurations as needed/required
- Catalog and inventory all product that is returned for repair while maintaining a clean, well-organized and efficient work area
- Maintain an inventory of standard replacement parts and submit purchase requisitions to ensure that minimum inventory levels are stocked
- Lead standard and project-specific workgroups, as needed
- Follow all safety and ESD procedures to ensure personal and product safety
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Align performance to assigned KPI goals individually and for your team
- Perform additional duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and be comfortable working under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment to recommend and implement opportunities for increased IT and manufacturing efficiencies
- Must have a broad mechanical understanding of repair or manufacturing assembly/disassembly functions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, wiring schematics, and procedure manuals
- Adept at problem-solving and troubleshooting computer hardware and or software related issues
- Ability to provide feedback to department manager on procedure updates or changes, provide routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- High school diploma or GED and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred qualifications, in-process or equivalent experience:
- Technical School
- OEM approved training for desktop, laptop, PCBA’s, point of sale equipment, etc.
- A+/ICET/Networking Certification
- Test Eng. Assoc. Degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (ERP) for entering data and tracking inventory.
- Prior PC-related experience is helpful/ preferred.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Close visual focus required
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of 100lbs.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.