About the Job
We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectual, and passionate Quality Engineer who will work with the Quality Manager to build and own the quality for both new product and warranty claim management, as well as support improvements, modifications, and further deployment for sustaining current production.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of processes and systems on the manufacturing floor to maximize product quality and eliminate defects. They are responsible for improving quality control measures and systems across product lines to deliver
world-class products to our customers. Provides effective communication and services in solving production problems or pursuing operations improvements.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Align performance to assigned KPI goals individually and for your team
- Responsible for manufacturing quality control compliance to iso requirements; regulations and reporting
- Complete failure analysis related warranty claim management, determining cause as it relates to manufacturing, product design, and support
- Identify solutions for improvements in safety, quality, productivity, and costs
- Evaluate causes of manufacturing problems and assist in resolving such problems
- In conjunction with the Quality Manager develop tooling for new processes and evaluate existing tooling with vendors. Assist in maintenance and improvement of such tooling
- Prepare and maintain documentation of existing and modified manufacturing processes
- Maintain quality control objectives and quality control plans
- Assist in the resolution of quality-related problems
- Responsible for the in-process and final assembly inspection activities as required
- Provide technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns
- Representative on project teams, providing quality guidance for the development of new products in accordance with design control requirements
- Assist in internal audits as needed
- As part of the quality team, develop test methods and protocols
- Provide engineering support to other departments as they require it
- Perform other duties and assignments as assigned by the department manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to interface and communicate with engineers and other operational personnel is mandatory
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree or higher in a related Engineering discipline (preferred Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree) from an accredited university
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering /quality engineer experience including SMT PCBA assembly, electronic sub-assembly processes, and warranty claim management
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills required
- Knowledge of quality practices and procedures, including use of metrics and statistical analyses
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate data, resulting in corrective and preventive actions
- Effective communicator, problem-solver, and a self-starter; works well in a team environment
- Must be results-oriented with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- A courteous and professional demeanor
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, Google suite, and other work-related software
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Close visual focus required
- Position requires the use of a keyboard, headset, and laptop for a full workday
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 20 lbs.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.