CNC MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN LEADER
About the Job
The CNC Manufacturing Technician Lead is responsible for providing shop floor leadership to the Team of CNC Manufacturing Technicians as well as operating our newly expanded automated CNC equipment and where we produce aluminum frames for our LED displays. The right candidate will work diligently to assure that all products are manufactured with integrity and free of error. Cirrus is growing rapidly and can provide great individual growth opportunities for motivated employees that possess our core values.
Please note that this shift is off hours. The CNC Manufacturing shift is Monday - Thursday from 7P-530A.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Properly startup and shutdown CNC equipment and ensure Team is properly trained
- Efficiently load and unload CNC equipment with unprocessed and processed parts and ensure Team is properly trained
- Diligently monitor machine performance, performance basic troubleshooting activities and escalate issues through chain of command and ensure Team is properly trained
- Manually deburr parts and manually assemble aluminum frames with fixtures and screw guns and ensure Team is properly trained
- Perform timely basic daily and weekly preventive maintenance on the machines and ensure Team is properly trained
- Maintain a clean and organized workcell and ensure Team is properly trained
- Follow all safety requirements and raise safety concerns to the Safety Committee when observed and ensure Team is properly trained
- Follow written and oral instructions and provide process feedback for continuous improvement
- Raise resource needs and personnel management needs to manager as needed
- Support inventory management by ensuring your Team is performing accurate and timely inventory transactions in the ERP system and notifying Purchasing when parts reach visual reorder points on the floor
- Ensure your Team follows all procedures and work instruction as well as provides process feedback for continuous improvement
- Support the development and revision of procedures and work instructions for your Team’s area of responsibility
- Ensure your Team is meeting targets/goals
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of manufacturing experience
- 1 year of manufacturing shop floor experience
- CNC experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work in different manufacturing work cells as needed
- Fine and/or gross motor skills, including the ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages on a standard wheeled cart with a load capacity of up to 100 lbs.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the duration of shift
- Close visual focus required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Hourly non-exempt
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.