FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (OH)
About the Job
The Field Support Technician is responsible for supporting customers and installations within the Ohio territory. They work as a team with the sales representatives in the region to facilitate the best outcomes for installers, end-users, and new customers. The Field Support Technician is responsible for the education and training of new installers in addition to overseeing the quality of installs after they take place. They are the technical face of our team and a trusted resource of our partners.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Align performance to assigned KPI goals individually and for your team
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Build and sustain long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers within your territory.
- Conduct best practices training sessions and demonstrations of the Cirrus product with installers/resellers within your territory to help them become skilled and qualified professionals in the use or sale of Cirrus products
- Consultative relationship development with existing and new customers while supporting product and processes from a technical perspective
- Accompany all new installers during their first installations to train on-site
- Perform site verification, including photo documentation, of each installation with installation feedback and warranty signoff
- Troubleshoot and resolve electrical configuration, panel placement, cable interconnects, and network setup, working with all stakeholders
- Liaise with our centralized technical support team.
- Timely follow up on cases and training to include phone calls, emails, and face-to-face meetings
- Work side by side as part of a unit with the sales team to provide the best possible service to customers
- Provide feedback to the engineering team to guide future product development initiatives
- Track all activities in our helpdesk and CRM systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to learn the sign company business, how they operate, and what makes them successful
- Excellent communication and listening skills, including phone interaction
- Technically proficient with electronics and A/V equipment
- Knowledge of electrical wiring standards and code (no license required)
- Experience with networking
- Working knowledge of GoogleSuite
- Valid U.S. driver's license in good standing
- Prior experience within the sign industry is a plus
- Experience flying a drone for recreation a plus
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Close visual focus required
- Physical dexterity sufficient to repair wiring or replace electrical cards.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, scaffolds, stairs.
- Must be able to safely climb step ladder or ladders while carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Company provided Mercedes Sprint Van for traveling to customers
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.