About the Job
This position is responsible for the day-to-day financial transactions related to accounts payable, corporate credit card reconciliations, trip action travel platform and the resolution of transactional issues. The Accounts Payable Specialist must exercise discretion in executing his/her function and be able to work independently, following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Cirrus Core Values: What we look for in a teammate
Bring Passion: We take pride in our work and bring our BEST to all interactions with our customers and teammates. We encourage rigorous discourse to improve the customer experience each and every day.
Remove Friction: Eliminate roadblocks in the way of smooth operations by promoting and embracing changes geared towards making things easier. Be bold! Don't settle for "That's just the way it is."
Quality: Quality isn’t a catchall phrase. It is an action plan that requires hard work and focus to achieve. Step by step we strive to build quality into everyday processes and products to achieve our collective success.
Respect: An individual who communicates and conducts themselves in a polite and positive manner, and encourages others around them to do the same; without judgment of peers regardless of rank, position, age, gender, or race.
Winning Takes a Team: Show genuine commitment, be flexible, get involved, be reliable, help and support others, and move our company forward.
Innovate Every Day: Have the courage to challenge what is perceived as conventional or typical. Be observant of surroundings and outspoken about ideas and changes that will positively impact people.
- Analyze and process accounts payable in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices
- Prepares payment check run, wire transfers and ACH transactions
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to the appropriate individuals
- Reconciles various accounts monthly, bringing any discrepancies to the attention of the Controller
- Assist in compiling information and preparing responses to auditors during the annual external audit
- Complete LEAN training and participate in continuous improvement projects when you see the potential to eliminate waste
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years of experience in an accounts payable role
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize information, pay close attention to detail, and commit to deadlines
- Ability to adapt and multitask with ease
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Google Suite and accounting software, experience with scheduling tools
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty
- Passion for technology a plus
Associate degree in or higher in Accounting, Business or Finance required
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Close visual focus required
- Position requires the use of a headset, computer mouse, and keyboard
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package, effective on day one:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule/remote options
- Salary, exempt from overtime
Cirrus Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.